Bridgestone provides $25K with regard to Teens who also ‘Drive Smart’
Amateur videographers or scholars with a inspiring side plus access to some sort of camera happen to be invited to the seventh annual Bridgestone Teens Travel Smart Training video Contest. Often the grand prizewinner will take dwelling a cool $25, 000 scholarship and have his video demonstrated on air across the country being a public support announcement just for Bridgestone Americas.
The point on the contest is usually driver basic safety, and the demands aren’t overly tough. Generally together the 25- OR PERHAPS 55-second training video on quite a few aspect of automobile or travelling safety. To illustrate
- Chair belt use,
- Tire monetary inflation,
- Avoiding temptations while driving a car (like hand held phones and texting), or
- Gaining defensively
Local individuals can take a couple of cues on the Fairfax County Police ‘Youthful Driver Program’ or the sources provided over the Montgomery Regional Teen Gaining Safetywebsite. That may check out final year’s profitable videos intended for ideas or perhaps recent Inside Dateline segment regarding teen having and gaining (you plus your parents should probably understand this anyway).
Once you’ve hit on a area, think about the ultimate way to present it— say in the form of story by experience or maybe a music online video media or a test. Then shoot— a video needless to say!
You’ll need to make a very simple registration mark form after which it upload your video towards Bridgestone web site by means of no eventually than May 20, 2013. Judges will narrow down the entries, and also top 10 clips will be posted for audience voting through July 16 to 28.
All of the best 10 filmmakers will probably at least triumph a set of brand-new tires, through $25, 000 going to the Awesome Prize success. Second as well as third place winners are getting $15, 000 and $9,99, 000 respectively. This is considerable money plus considerably elevated from past years.
The match is open to legal permanent residents of your 50 says and the Area of Columbia or The us, age 16 by 21 . Entries must include valid driver’s license and be enrollment as full-time students within the accredited a second set of, college levels, or trade school.
You can’t simply crib someone else’s work, and don’t bother to add anything incompatible. And fork out VERY close focus on the time descriptions because video lessons that may conform will likely be automatically disqualified.
News from the 2013 University or college Reception World
Many colleges and universities hit the road this time of year to begin your recruitment procedure that actually gets mixed in with full move in the drop.
Short of truly visiting the campus, all these presentations provide you with opportunities to get basic information about a school in addition to 123helpme.me make yourself to be able to area distributors.
Although these kind of sessions are usually open to people, it’s normally a good idea to pre-register if the ability is offered. Normally, how are folks running the case going to understand how many foldable chairs to?
The following are some of the more popular new season events:
- Exploring Higher education Options: This can be a special crew recruiting program google’s paid by the basic admissions agencies of Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, the Higher education of Pa, and Stanford. The trip has a few stops during the DC section, with the initial scheduled meant for Monday, Can 20th, with the Bethesda N . Marriott Lodging & Discussion Center, with 7: fifty p. e. Two more sessions would be held for May21st in the Tysons Cupboard Marriott, together with Wednesday, May 22 nd at the Hyatt Regency Wa on Capitol Hill.
- Schools That Change Lives: This year, CTCL will look at the Washington DC area in Sunday, Can 19, for the Marriott Bethesda North Hotel and Seminar Center, during 1: 00 pm. Each one program will begin with a 30-minute information program followed without delay by the university fair.
- The very Claremont Colleges: The Claremont Colleges (Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Pomona as well as Scripps Colleges) will handle a local details session on Saturday, May 21, from some to 5 p. mirielle., at the Pooks Hill Bethesda Marriott.
- Trying Educational Brilliance: Join Darkish, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, plus Rice for any information program targeted to possible students together with families. Classes include a review of each body, information on admission and financing, as well as a possibility to speak casually with prologue representatives.
- almost eight of the Best Organisations: Claremont McKenna, Colorado University, Connecticut School, Grinnell, Haverford, Kenyon, Macalester, and Daphne Lawrence ask students and even families more resources for these ten nationally recognised liberal martial arts styles colleges. Half dozen programs be for the calendar year.
- Coast to be able to Coast Visit: Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, UC Berkeley, along with Vanderbilt take a look at nine towns and cities in ten states. The very evening requires a brief tips session around each education and the perfect time to interact with tickets representatives within the college reasonable format. The tour comes to the POWER area on, may 23 rd .
- Boston College: This educational program is designed to provide probable students by having an ‘Eagle Understanding. ‘
- Carnegie Mellon Higher education: Admissions expert will present holistic information program to high school students who might be in the early stages within their college research. You can sign up now for your event signed for Saturday, June a pair of, at the Bethesda Marriott Accommodation.
- Northwestern University or college: In addition to the Shore to Sea-coast Tour (see above), extra sessions will be open to college students and their households in other parts of the state. Northwestern trip with Dartmouth, Princeton, Vanderbilt and UV A to Socal in Summer 2013.
- Typically the University about North Carolina for Greensboro: Two “First Look” sessions would be held in the main DC location. The first will need place on Could 29, inside Rockville, and also second is definitely scheduled to get May 7, at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Online signing up will require someone to open some sort of SpartanLinkaccount.